Domestic energy generation using solar panels and heat pumps has become a feasible option for most homeowners, yet lack of ICT solutions for microgeneration means that user understanding of their o...
Embrace Data-Centric Design!
I am Assistant Professor of Data-Centric Design with the Department of Sustainable Design Engineering (SDE) of the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering (IDE) of the Delft University of Technology 🧐.
My research lies at the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction, Data Science and Design. I hypothesise that the central use of behavioural data in Human-Centred Design can turn challenges and limitations of both fields into flourishing ethical and collaborative opportunities.
For more information, have a look at my vision on research and education and the open-source tools and material I contribute. You’ll find below some excerpt of recent activities. As student, you might also be interested in the open 🚩vacancies or the completed 🎓 graduation projects.
Gerd Kortuem, Janet van der Linden, Blaine Price, Jacky Bourgeois
- 🎓 Design for information flow between data scientists and researchers in Ford
- 🚩 [Close] Donor's Badges: Promoting Designerly Data Donation through Behaviour Sharing
- 🚩 [Close] Exploring the Design Space of Menstrual Tracking Technologies
- 🚩 [Close] Public Installation for Voice Data Donation on Campus
- 📜 ICED'19 Towards Responsible Design with Internet of Things data